Thank you for investing in DC127!
We operate off of the generous support of our donors and work hard to ensure that every dollar is used with integrity and efficiency. Your support is tax-deductible and empowers us to continue to mobilize churches and work to support foster and adoptive families.
Thank you for being a partner. We couldn’t do this without you. (To log in and donate from an existing account, click here.)DONATE
You can also mail your donation to:
1616 7th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Please make checks out to DC127.
Most children come to their foster homes and host homes with very few possessions. Many of the biological parents we serve might not be able to afford needed resources for their children.
DC127’s Resource Board is where our foster families and host homes post needs for the children and families they serve. Whether you have gently used goods, or would like to purchase goods on your own, filling a need for a family shows them they have the support and care of the community!Visit DC127's Resource App
**DC127 VOLUNTEERS AND FAMILIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REQUEST CASH ASSISTANCE THROUGH THE RESOURCE BOARD. IF A CASH REQUEST IS POSTED, PLEASE IGNORE AND A MODERATOR WILL REMOVE THE REQUEST SHORTLY**
**DC127’s Resource Board does not currently work in Safari browsers**
For more information on how to fill and post a need, please click here.
Resource Board Etiquette
For filling needs:
- Please only accept needs you can actually fill. These are real needs from our families and we want to ensure they get the help they need. If you accept a need and can’t fill it, please click “RETURN” to send the need back.
- Please keep information and addresses from the board and of the families you meet confidential.
For posting needs:
- Requesting cash assistance is not allowed on the Resource App. Gift cards in small amounts for groceries and clothes are welcomed, but any request for cash will be deleted and the poster may be blocked.
- We suggest that in the address field, you use a local landmark and either share your address after someone contacts you, or meet them at the landmark. You could also contact your church about using their office as a drop off location.
- This board has the potential to fill up quickly, so please only post things that you truly need. We recommend reaching out to your church or community for immediate needs.
- Resources can only be posted by DC127 foster families and Safe Families volunteers, but anyone is welcome to fill these needs.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to email email@example.com.
Donating Existing Items
Already have gently used or new items you would like to donate? We have a number of drop-off options available for your convenience!
- You can drop off items at our office the first Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month from 8:00 AM- 6:30 PM.
- We’re located at 1616 7th St. NW (next to the Shaw Metro).
- Each church partner has a Church Coordinator who will be collecting items at your church the first Sunday of each quarter (Feb, April, July, Oct).
- For all large furniture items, please give us a call or send an email to arrange a pick-up/drop-off. We want to make sure we have storage space or a family that has an immediate need.
- Connect with us with questions or to schedule an appointment at: 202-670-1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org