- This event has passed.
Foster Care Info Night
October 16 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
DC127’s Foster Care and Adoption Information Night is for anyone interested in learning more about the process of
DC127’s Foster Care and Adoption Information Night is for anyone interested in learning more about the process of fostering and adopting through foster care in Washington, DC. This is directed at people at the beginning of their journey who want to learn more.
- What is foster care and adoption through foster care (and how this differs from other types of adoption)
- A brief look at theology around foster care and adoption, and how the Bible describes care for children and hospitality
- How you start the foster care process in DC and next steps
- The DC licensing process and things to expect
- A brief introduction to topics and things to be thinking about as you go through the foster care process, whether to adopt or foster
- DC127 is a faith-based organization dedicated to uniting churches in DC around children in foster care and at risk of entering foster care. We recruit and support foster and adoptive parents, and support families in crisis through implementing Safe Families for Children. If you have any questions about what we do, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions:
- What types of adoption will this information night talk about? We will briefly cover the different types of adoption, but will focus on foster care and adoption through the foster care system.
- What if I live in Maryland or Virginia? VA and MD families can adopt through the DC foster care system, but can’t offer traditional foster care. You’re still welcome to join us, but if you decide to foster or adopt through VA or MD there may be some differences in policy and processes.
- I don’t want to foster right now, but maybe in the next year or so. You should still come! We find that a lot of people get information in the info night that helps them further research and think about foster care.
- I’m a single person, can I still be a foster parent? Absolutely!
- Is there child care? We can sometimes arrange for childcare at our info nights. If you need childcare, please email us by May 6th at email@example.com.
- What if I’m not connected to a church? You’re still welcome to join us! We just want to be upfront that we’re an organization made up of DC churches, and our info night will reflect that. However, the information around licensing is applicable no matter your background.