The Church Mobilization Program
THE CHURCH MOBILIZATION PROGRAM
“DC127 offers an incredible opportunity for you and your Church to stand as a witness to what’s
possible when God’s people unite to serve the children and families of our city.”
– Pastor Aaron Graham, The District Church
Live out the call to care for vulnerable families.
Since our founding, DC127’s goal has been to see the church fully committed to and engaged in caring for children and families whose lives have been impacted by the foster care system in Washington, D.C. Partnering with churches is strategic: Communities of support that seek to love and serve one another already exist within congregations and the church is called to “care for orphans and widows in their distress.” The church is uniquely positioned to make sustainable change in the lives of children and families in our city. DC127 provides outreach volunteer opportunities through the Communities for Families and Foster Care Support programs. We also recruit and support new foster parents who welcome a youth into their homes. Volunteers work within their own congregations and across churches to unify the body of Christ in the greater D.C. metro area.
No other institution can embrace and support families like the local church.
DC127 makes these commitments to our partners:
- Provide a well-run ministry that allows congregants to serve as volunteers through DC127’s programs
- Recruit and train foster parents as they enter the licensing process and support them in their fostering journey
- Provide space to learn, grow, and connect through our on-going network events and trainings
In return, our church partners make these commitments:
- Promote and regularly pray for the foster care and family preservation in our city
- Encouragecongregants to volunteer or become a foster home
- Identify a church advocate in your congregation to recruit and support volunteers
Live out James 1:27 by serving the marginalized and isolated, and building a community of justice and love in our city.
Our Church Partners
To learn more about becoming a church partner with DC127, please fill out the form below:
For more information, contact our Executive Director, Cynthia Moreland, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-670-1145 (ext. 4).